A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy coverage and public curiosity press releases from PR Newswire, together with suggestions for staying protected on the highway and within the water this summer season.
NEW YORK, Might 26, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With hundreds of press releases revealed every week, it may be tough to maintain up with all the things on PR Newswire. To assist journalists masking the coverage and public curiosity industries keep on prime of the week’s most newsworthy and well-liked releases, here is a roundup of tales from the week that should not be missed.
The listing beneath contains the headline (with a hyperlink to the complete textual content) and an excerpt from every story. Click on on the press launch headlines to entry accompanying multimedia belongings which can be accessible for obtain.
- Driving Impaired Cannot Be an Option This Memorial Day
The Nationwide Security Council estimates practically 470 individuals in America will die in preventable site visitors crashes from 6 p.m. on Friday, Might 26 to 11:59 p.m. Monday, Might 29. “For the security and wellbeing of your self, and the individuals round you, designate a sober driver or prepare alternate transportation, drive distraction-free and decelerate,” mentioned Mark Chung, govt vice chairman of roadway apply at NSC.
- The National Geographic Society Announces 2023 Explorer of the Year
Jill Tiefenthaler, CEO of the Nationwide Geographic Society, mentioned, “Shabana [Basij-Rasikh] is a gifted and completed chief who has devoted her life to educating and uplifting Afghan girls and ladies. We’re impressed by her braveness and dedication to constructing pathways for instructional entry, equality, and inclusion.”
- Bain & Company predicts concerning macroeconomic environment for higher education, calls pandemic-era financial health an anomaly
Jeffrey Selingo, report co-author and a higher-education strategist and particular advisor at Arizona State College, mentioned, “Establishments might want to do greater than tweak across the edges with their technique. Moderately, most might want to set themselves aside as entire establishments by creating distinctive pathways for learners that increase demand, minimize prices, and enhance income.”
- Post-Disaster Contractor Fraud Costs Americans Billions of Dollars Every Year
To deal with this rising downside, the Nationwide Insurance coverage Crime Bureau (NICB) is specializing in educating householders on how you can keep away from turning into a sufferer of misleading contractors after a pure catastrophe as a part of its third annual Contractor Fraud Consciousness Week.
- Allegiant Pledges $1 Million to Boys & Girls Clubs of America to Develop Aviation Journey
“The group gives vital applications in lots of the cities we serve, and we hope this partnership enhances their efforts in a significant method. By connecting kids to fulfilling alternatives in aviation, our objective is to encourage them to dream huge whereas hopefully serving to to construct the mandatory workforce of tomorrow,” mentioned Allegiant President Greg Anderson.
- Got Pulled Over? U.S. LawShield® Introduces Traffic Stop Best Practices
Kirk Evans, president of U.S. LawShield, mentioned, “Educating your self on what steps to take at each site visitors cease helps maintain you protected and lets the police officer know you might be being compliant. Realizing your rights in addition to your tasks below the legislation is extremely vital.”
- Begin Summer with Safety When Riding ATVs, Around Pools and While Grilling
From using off-highway automobiles (OHVs), to taking a swim and firing up the grill, the U.S. Client Product Security Fee (CPSC) is reminding customers of the hazards concerned and the steps to assist defend themselves and their households, particularly kids.
- Research reveals how germs can spread in hotels – and how to help protect guests this summer travel season
Analysis carried out by Reckitt’s Lysol Professional Options exhibits that germs can transfer round accommodations simply and might stay undetected, and that cleansing and disinfecting on the proper time and frequency – and with the best mixture of merchandise – will help break the chain of an infection.
- UNICEF and Flexport.org Announce Partnership to Provide Global Humanitarian Relief
The brand new collaboration will assist UNICEF develop entry to vital provides for youngsters and discover alternatives to deal with logistics bottlenecks for humanitarian response.
- Education Reform Now Releases Update to Social Mobility Elevator Rankings
“We predict the perfect schools within the nation are those that assist carry college students to higher prosperity and financial safety, not those that primarily admit college students who already take pleasure in these advantages,” mentioned Training Reform Now’s James Murphy, Deputy Director, Increased Ed Coverage.
- Annual Condition of Education Shows Breadth of Changes to Education in United States Since the Start of the COVID-19 Pandemic
“Mixing information from over a dozen sources, the 2023 version of the report contributes to our understanding of the challenges and restoration from the coronavirus pandemic,” mentioned NCES Commissioner Peggy G. Carr. “These challenges embody declines in math and studying scores in the course of the pandemic and higher numbers of scholars in search of psychological well being companies.”
- The 6 Most Important Ways to Make Water Recreation Safer This Summer
As summer season kicks into excessive gear on Memorial Day weekend, households converge on aquatic facilities, swimming pools, water parks and open our bodies of water. Taking proactive steps to make sure everybody’s security is important.
- Institutional Capital for Social Impact: New Investment Bank Focused on Bringing Capital to Disinvested Communities
Momentus Securities seeks to disrupt the mission-driven investing area by addressing the present scale and liquidity limitations within the sector that inhibit the deployment of institutional capital. Momentus Securities intends to facilitate the deployment of $3 billion of social capital by 2026.
Learn extra of the latest policy-related releases from PR Newswire and keep caught up on the highest press releases by following @PRNpolicy and @prnedu on Twitter.
Serving to Journalists Keep As much as Date on Trade Information
These are only a few of the latest press releases that customers and the media ought to learn about. To be notified of releases related to their protection space, journalists can arrange a customized newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
As soon as they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have entry to the next free options:
- Customization: Create a custom-made newsfeed that may ship related information proper to your inbox. Customise the newsfeed by key phrases, business, topic, geography, and extra.
- Images and Movies: Hundreds of multimedia belongings can be found to obtain and embody along with your subsequent story.
- Topic Matter Specialists: Entry ProfNet, a database of business consultants to attach with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Associated Assets: Learn and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused weblog, Beyond Bylines, for media information roundups, writing suggestions, upcoming occasions, and extra.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For greater than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the business chief with the most important, most complete distribution community of print, radio, journal, tv stations, monetary portals and commerce publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled world attain of greater than 200,000 publications and 10,000 web sites and is obtainable in additional than 170 international locations and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an unique neighborhood that features over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who’re logging into their PRNJ accounts particularly on the lookout for story concepts. PR Newswire completely researches and vets this neighborhood to confirm their identification as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ customers cowl greater than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the workforce at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire