© Reuters. U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, Ukraine’s Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov, Iceland’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Thordis Kolbrun Reykfjord Gylfadottir and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, meet to debate the best way to assist Ukraine defend itself
(Reuters) – U.S. President Joe Biden made an unannounced go to to Kyiv on Monday, promising to face with Ukraine so long as it takes, on a visit timed to upstage the Kremlin forward of the one-year anniversary of Russia’s invasion.
* Biden promised new army support for Ukraine price $500 million throughout the go to to Kyiv and stated further sanctions can be introduced this week towards the Russian elite and corporations.
* China instructed the United States to maintain out of its relationship with Russia, simply as Beijing’s prime diplomat ready for a go to to Moscow with proposals for a political settlement to the struggle.
* The United States and Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy warned China towards supporting Russia. Zelenskiy stated doing so would deliver on a world struggle.
* Yevgeny Prigozhin, founding father of Russia’s mercenary group Wagner, accused unspecified officers of intentionally denying his fighters ample ammunition as a part of an ongoing rivalry between himself and components of the Russian elite.
* Zelenskiy stated in an interview revealed on the weekend that Ukraine would keep its months-long defence of the jap metropolis of Bakhmut, aware of the value paid in human lives.
* Ukraine’s Zelenskiy has defied Putin towards the chances, a yr into struggle.
* Putin, safe in energy, has set the stage for an extended and draining struggle.
* A yr on from Russia’s invasion, the nation and its authorities haven’t simply survived. They’ve fought again.
* Toughened by struggle’s scars, Kyiv presses on whereas Russia assaults
* Hairdresser by day, drone hunter by evening helps defend skies over Ukraine
* BREAKINGVIEWS-Even a weak Russia is an issue for Europe