Three weeks in the past, we opened the speaker and volunteer purposes in addition to the low cost builder and scholar tickets, and we’re excited concerning the high quality of submissions!
This yr, we’ve opened purposes for these seeking to attend Devcon with Builder and Student reductions, as Speakers, Supporters, Volunteers or as Press. But what about enhancements for General Attendance passes? Today we need to announce the Auction & Raffle – A brand new technique for ticket distribution and a method so that you can save a Devcon ticket forward of the common ticket sale.
Apply NOW to Speak at Devcon!
Today we’re extending the deadline for speaker purposes by one week. If you haven’t had an opportunity to submit an software to talk and want to, head to the appliance type right here. The new deadline to submit is July 5, 23:59:59 UTC.
Applicants will hear again on the standing of their software earlier than the top of July. You can discover extra data on the assessment course of and standards right here.
The First Tickets to Devcon VI: Meet the Devcon Auction & Raffle
Ticket distribution is all the time a problem when demand exceeds provide, and we’ve frolicked eager about new methods to provide extra alternatives to these seeking to attend Devcon VI.
This yr, we will likely be holding a pre-sale Auction & Raffle for the primary Devcon VI tickets, with the assistance of the superb TrueFi dev group.
In previous years, Devcon ticket waves, scheduled over totally different days and instances, have been aimed toward concentrating on a extra various inhabitants than one easy sale. Still, there are benefits for individuals who are in the proper timezones, and even geographically situated nearer to our bodily ticketing servers. In basic, our aim is to distribute tickets in as some ways as we are able to, and with out asking most attendees to attend and refresh an internet site at a sure time (each time attainable).
How will the Auction work?
Both the Auction & Raffle will happen on Arbitrum, a layer 2 rollup that settles on Ethereum’s mainnet. We advise bridging funds to Arbitrum forward of time should you want to take part, and ETH would be the solely accepted type of fee.
The Ticket Auction will look much like a conventional public sale: Participants can submit bids and the 20 highest bidders will every obtain a ticket to Devcon VI, in trade for his or her bid quantity. The minimal bid required to take part within the Auction will likely be 0.25 ETH (a big low cost under the value of a General Admission ticket).
And better of all, proceeds will likely be donated to public items! Oh, and everyone who participates within the Auction & Raffle will get a POAP NFT to point participation.
Details on the place and how one can bid will observe quickly! Keep a watch out on Twitter and at Devcon.org for extra info.
Note: Smart contract wallets like Argent & Gnosis protected won’t be suitable with the Auction & Raffle this yr. We plan to amend the contracts in future iterations to permit us to just accept sensible contract wallets.
How will the Raffle work?
Any members who don’t make the highest 20 bids can have one other likelihood to win 1 of 80 tickets to Devcon VI on the reserve value (0.25 ETH) via a raffle!
Each one who wins the Raffle will be capable to withdraw any further ETH above the reserve value. If you don’t win both the raffle or the public sale, you possibly can withdraw your whole bid quantity, minus a 2% sybil resistance charge.
Link for more information right here, and click on right here to move on to the raffle right here (Designed for desktop use).
- Bidding begins at 08:00 UTC on July 5, 2022,
- Bidding will shut at 07:59 UTC on July 14, 2022.
- The minimal bid required to take part within the Auction will likely be 0.25 ETH (a big low cost under the value of a General Admission ticket).
- The 20 highest bidders will every obtain a ticket to Devcon VI in trade for his or her bid quantity.
- All different bidders will likely be entered within the raffle to win 1 of 80 tickets to Devcon VI on the reserve value.
- All funds/proceeds will likely be donated to public items.
Winners of the Auction & Raffle can have 48 HOURS TO CLAIM THEIR TICKET. Once this 48 hours has handed, you’ll not be capable to redeem your voucher nor withdraw your funds. Set your reminders! ⏲️
Want extra info? Link for more information right here, and click on right here to move on to the raffle right here (Designed for desktop use).
- The deadline for speaker purposes has been prolonged by one week! This is it: submit these purposes to talk at present!.
- The new deadline to submit speaker purposes is July 5, 23:59:59 UTC.
- An on-chain Devcon Auction & Raffle begins on July fifth, 2022! You can place a bid NOW at our Auction & Raffle website right here.
- A whole FAQ & Specs can be found right here.
- If you don’t win a ticket, don’t fret: public ticket gross sales will launch after the Auction & Raffle pre-sale concludes.